Predicted to be going strong for many years from now and a permanent solution to soaring energy bills and fossil fuel supplies.
First step is to learn how to build a solar panel and the steps to generate your own electricity to operate the home appliances. Solar panels for homes should face the sun in order to capture the maximum amount of sunlight each day. In the northern hemisphere, the panels should face south. If the roof of the structure is unsuitable for the installation, you can simply attach your solar panels to poles that have been installed outside in a location which attracts the sun.
Learning how to build your own solar panels, as long as you have the basic diy skills, is actually quite simple and easy by following the step by step instructions how to.
Tools required to build solar panels are basic home handy man and parts are readily available from your local junkyard or home improvement hardware store.
1.Saw for cutting timber
2. Electric Drill
3. Soldering iron
4. Pliers or wire cutters. Screwdriver set
5. Volt Meter
6. Electrical tape, are just a few to list.
1. Sheets of Plywood.
2. sheets of Plexiglass.
3. electrical cable.
4. Solar Cells.
5. Tabbing Wire.
6. soldering Flux.
Determine how much power you need from each of the solar panels you are going to build. To charge an 18 volt battery, for instance, you would need a panel with 36 solar cells producing .5 volts each.
The most common shape of solar panels for homes is rectangular, one of the advantages of deciding to build your own solar panel is you can build the power panel in any shape to fit onto the roof or post. The manuals and solar packages available on the internet displays great videos explaining the voltage testing, tabbing and wiring procedures to build your own solar panel:
STEPS AROUND THE HOME TO REDUCE YOUR POWER.
- Did you know that taking a few simple steps to reduce your carbon footprint will not only help the planet but will also save you money?
- Power on dishwasher when it is full.
- Keep your doors closed when air conditioners or heaters are being used
- 24 degrees Celsius is a comfortable temperature to set your air conditioner. Defrost your fridge regularly.
- Use a clothes line to dry your clothes rather than a tumble dryer.
- Turn all appliances off at the wall - standby power will increase your electricity account and greenhouse emissions.
Article Source: Step by Step Plans - Building Solar Panels For Home Use